Live streaming is the technology of.....now! Vimeo has put together this great resource for anyone interested in live streaming whether you have already started live streaming some content and want to improve your live events or are yet to start live streaming and want to know where to start.
A few fun facts about live video:
- 12% increase in total live streaming hours from 2018 to 2019
- 28% of marketers expect to invest more in live streaming
- 91 million subscribers will utilise live streaming video by 2024
- 47% of viewers are streaming more live video than a year ago
Live streaming has a variety of uses whether it be for conducting in house training for staff or product launches or conferences or any infinite amount of possibilities. The ability to reach and engage with a wider audience is at the core of this technology.
The socials have embraced the technology with "Facebook Live videos generate 6X more interactions than regular video, and remains a priority in its News Feed algorithm, bettering your chances of visibility in an increasingly challenging landscape."
"What’s more, one survey from Salesforce found that live stream video viewers feel more up to date, informed, involved, and excited compared with live TV viewers."
Vimeo have outlined a few tips from their Live Production Lead, Tom Gott to help get you cracking on your live productions:
Set your strategy: 5 questions to ask
- What is my content strategy?
- Where do I want my content to be seen?
- If live streaming a physical event, will the quality of the online experience match the in-house experience?
- Have I scheduled time to test my stream?
- Murphy’s law definitely applies to live video production
Preparing to go live: 5 non-negotiables
- Internet connectivity
- Switcher and encoder
- Space for your video village / master control
- Access to the venue
Check out Vimeo's Ultimate Guide to Live Streaming for more tips and tricks to get you live!
And as always feel free to get in touch with us here at The Streaming Guys with your live streaming questions!