RØDE have just announced an update to the RØDEcaster Pro which enables multi track recording.
The RØDECaster Pro’s new functions featured in the 1.1.0 firmware update include:
- Multichannel recording via USB output: main stereo mix + individual sources
- Multichannel outputs can be switched to be pre or post audio processing
- Improved screen UI for easier navigation
- Colour-coded microphone channel selection, which simplifies the input selection and effects/settings modification
- Switchable mix-minus on USB main output, for eliminating feedback loops when using computer-based communication apps.
The RØDECaster Pro will now record 14 tracks to your computer’s recording software via the USB output. These tracks are:
- 2 tracks (stereo left and right) ‘live mix’, as featured on the RØDECaster Pro since its release
- A mono track for each of the 4 microphone inputs
- 2 tracks (stereo left and right) each for the USB, 3.5mm TRRS, Bluetooth and sound-effects-pad channels
- To activate multitrack output, simply access the ‘Advanced’ settings in the ‘Hardware’ section of the RØDECaster Pro’s touchscreen interface. From there, a single switch engages multitrack. You can record all channels at either pre or post effects. A stereo mix will also record to a microSD card.