Blackmagic Design have announced RAW is now available on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
With the Blackmagic Camera 6.2 update, if you are using the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K you now have the ability record images using Blackmagic RAW for the first time. Giving the ability to capture the highest possible quality images in smaller files, allowing much longer recording times with the current media you already own. For example, you can record over 2 hours of full cinematic quality Blackmagic RAW footage in 4K on a single 256GB SD UHS-II card. With Blackmagic RAW 12:1 you can even record 4K DCI images to an SD card, giving you stunning cinematic quality images on incredibly small, inexpensive cards. In addition, Blackmagic RAW gives you an even faster, more fluid and higher quality editing and color correction workflow in DaVinci Resolve than ever before.
The Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.2 for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K includes:
- Added Blackmagic RAW codec support.
- Added Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1, 12:1 recording for Blackmagic RAW.
- Added Constant Quality Q0 and Q5 recording for Blackmagic RAW.
- Added support for double tap on touchscreen zoom.
- Changed tap to focus behavior to tap and hold to focus.
- Removed CinemaDNG formats.
Blackmagic Camera 6.2 update is available as a free download from the Blackmagic Design website so get updating.....if you've been lucky enough to get your hands on one!