For the first time ever, Cube will be available with both HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) compression and your choice of HD (1080) or UHD (4K) resolution support.
- Real-Time H.265/H.264 (HEVC/AVC) Decoder
- Ethernet and USB Interfaces (No WiFi)
- HDMI and SDI Video Outputs (Outputs 1080p/30)
- Camera Top Form Factor
- Built-In Scaler
- OLED Display
- Powers by AC Adapter or 2-pin Connector Battery
- Outfitted for 1/4" Mounting
The award-winning line of Cube encoders is getting a major upgrade. For the first time ever, Cube will be available with both HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) compression and your choice of HD (1080) or UHD (4K) resolution support. Housed in the same ultra-portable Cube 655 chassis and requiring just 6 watts of power, the new Cube series is the smallest and most power-efficient HEVC codec on the market. To complement these new systems, a series of companion decoders will also be available for both 1080 and 4K HEVC/AVC models.
HEVC, also known as H.265, is a next-generation compression standard that offers a number of enhancements over H.264. Compared to AVC (H.264) compression, HEVC is 50% more efficient, which translates into maintaining the same video quality at half the bitrate or double the video quality at the same bitrate. In other words, H.265 will save you on bandwidth overhead and cost, especially if you’re transmitting over cellular networks.
- Stream high quality video content at half the bandwidth required of AVC compression. Switch between AVC and HEVC compression whenever you like
- The 700 series supports up to 1080p60 streaming resolution/frame rates
- The 800 series supports up to 2160p60 streaming resolution/frame rates
- Cube HEVC decoders support HEVC streams from 3rd party encoders
- Fully compatible with Core and its new transcoding engine. This allows you to take advantage of HEVC encoding when streaming to Core, while delivering your content in AVC to your destination
- Dual input (HDMI + SDI), compatible with the new Bond module, and available with GigE and dual band 802.11ac WiFi
- Stream to any online video platform or to many at the same time using the Core cloud platform
- Stream point-to-point using MPEG-TS, RTSP, or a variety of other supported protocols Monitor your live video feed on an iOS device for confidence or local configuration
- Turn your camera into a wireless video feed for Teradek’s Live:Air iOS switcher application
- Comprehensive protocol support: MPEG-TS, RTSP, RTMP, HLS, TDS
Check out further information over at the Teradek website